This is an official website of the Government of Flanders, published by the Agency for Agriculture and Fisheries.
This website www.vlaanderen.be/landbouw is run by the Communication service.
Koning Albert II-Laan 15 bus 360, B-1210 Brussels
Administrator General: Patricia De Clercq
The Agency for Agriculture and Fisheries deals with the development, implementation, control and evaluation of all matters in the field of agriculture, horticulture, fisheries and the countryside. The agency works in close cooperation with the Minister of Agriculture.
The agency is led by the Administrator General and consists of following divisions:
- General Secretariat
- Digitization and Organization Division
- Advice, Policy, Creation and Substantiation Division
- Agricultural Support and Product Quality Division
- Entrepreneurship and Development Division
The agency’s main offices are situated in Brussels. The outdoor administrative units are situated in Bruges, Ghent, Antwerp, Hasselt and Leuven.
On the basis of the European and Flemish global framework, we contribute to the development of future-oriented agricultural and fisheries policies.
We provide a quality service to the Flemish agro-food sector and give priority to primary producers.
Partner of the agro-food sector
In tomorrow’s countryside, being the partner of the agro-food sector, we contribute to the development of a strong and innovative agricultural and fisheries sector for the entire food chain. This allows us all to guarantee fair, healthy and delicious food, produced in harmony with our natural environment and our society.
- Tomorrow’s countryside: The context and changing tendencies expected on the long term
- Strong: Primary producers hold a strong position in the food chain. Their agricultural business are economically viable, competitive, resistant to crises and sustainable
- Fair and delicious: pursuing a fair price for sustainable quality food
- In harmony: there is a mutual respect between the farmer and society
You can rely on us!
Resilient in a changing environment
Having the courage to decide and moving ahead together